1. The information we collect
When you engage The PAFOA's services or sign up for an account we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your full name, title, company, postal address, email address, telephone number, fax number, political affiliation.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, www.pafoa.org (the "Site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Aggregate and user-specific information on what data you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. Uses made of the information
We gather this information to allow us to process requests for access to data and provide services, sometimes customized, to you.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregated information to third parties. These statistics will not include any information that can be used to identify any individual.
If you choose, we may also wish to provide you with:
- information about special features of our website or any other services or products that we think may be of interest to you; and
- related information with third parties we think may be of interest to you.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will not, without your consent, disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which users voluntarily provide to The PAFOA.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information. An example of when cookies can be used is when a browser stores browsing session data to keep you logged in to our Site. They may also used to store preferences and options you enable on the Site.
When a user performs a search within the Site, we may record information identifying the user or linking the user to the search performed. We may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the user and use that information to, amongst other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
5. How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of The PAFOA cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
6. Updating your information
If any of the information that you have provided to The PAFOA changes where are two ways to update it:
- If the data is manageable by you (such as your contact information) you may simply log into your account and update it; otherwise
- Notify us of the data that needs to be updated which you can not update yourself by using The PAFOA's Contact Form
7. Removing your information
Due to the collaborative nature of the Site, The PAFOA generally will not delete information from its servers, unless required to do so by law, as it creates gaps in our databases. Where possible we provide the ability to hide information from the public, but it will still be accessible to The PAFOA.
8. Your consent
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. How to contact The Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association