PAFOA is Looking for Volunteer Bloggers
PAFOA has been considering for a while the idea of building out a group of volunteer bloggers to help keep the PAFOA Blog up to date with fresh information important to Pennsylvania gun owners and the time has come to do it! We're looking for a few good men or women who have some experience in operating a blog to step up and volunteer their time aggregating news and information about what is happening in the world that affects our lives as gun owners.
All applicants are required to:
- Provide their real name, address, and phone number to the organization.
- Blog under their real first name and last initial (at least.)
- Have experience blogging.
- Be willing to dedicate enough time to submit at least one blog post a week (assuming there is something to submit of course.)
- Be willing to work with an editorial staff to ensure the quality and consistency of the blog.
- Be OK working with us as we collectively figure out how to smoothly run such an operation. This is going to be a learning process for all of us.
Applicants will get bonus points for:
- Having a history of positive contribution to our discussion forum.
- Experience with Wordpress.
- Experience blogging in the gun blogosphere.
- Being willing to blog under their real, full name.
- Being a resident of Pennsylvania.
UPDATE: We have received a bunch of applications which we will be reviewing shortly and choosing the first round of bloggers. Thank you to everyone who volunteered, applications are no longer being accepted at this time.
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Name.
- Your PAFOA Forum Username, if you have one.
- A summary of your blogging experience.
- Links to any blogs you run or have written for.
- Days/times when you will/will not be able to post entries to the blog. (For example if you can't blog during work hours, please let us know.)
PAFOA thanks all applicants in advance and we look forward to hearing from you! Please keep in mind that we are not yet sure how many applications we are going to get, so depending on that not all applicants may be selected in the first round.